Friday, February 22, 2008

Old Habits



The first photograph I took of this apartment building was about ten years ago the first time I lived in Vancouver. I recently revisited it for my last project which can be seen here:

My Daily Image 151

I think it's the architect in me that keeps me coming back to this building. It exists in a fairly populous part of Vancouver against a typography of development almost like a case study for a different model of urbanity. I don't think this design would be effective if propagated ad infinitum but it's somehow inoffensive in its uniqueness. So here it is again. I think this one captures the building better than the last one. The ivy creeping up the wall is much more apparent in this image and despite the trademark green of the building it looks better in black and white.

No comments: