Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Fleeting moments



I'm not one for taking photographs of flowers. These particular flowers though, they were planted by someone who is about to step away from my life. She's a wonderful person and I'll miss her dearly. But I can't help but think these flowers are a metaphor for our relationship. These flowers spring from bulbs that precariously perch themselves atop a small handful of stones and a drop of water and they grow at an alarming rate. Today they grew somewhere around 3 inches or so. Incredible. And they produce these beautiful flowers for a few days and then they die. You pop the bulbs back into whatever cloth sack you might find handy and wait again until next year.

I've known Sabina for essentially a year and she's a good egg. I'll miss her.

1 comment:

Sabina said...

Liar. Nice flowers, though!