Monday, November 25, 2019

A Sunday With Sophie

 I gave the kid my old D700. It broke once, but I found an article online that allowed me to fix it for $13 instead of the $300 or so that Nikon wanted to charge me to fix it. "It's heavy," she said. By the end of the day she said, "I'm getting used to its weight."





 There were GeoCaches along the way. It helped guide our path towards our destination.


 I rarely turn the camera sideways. It's hard to take photographs of this BIG architectural project, one of the few buildings in Vancouver with any real character, though I worry it's a novelty act.

 Rodney Graham designed a $4 million chandelier for under the Granville bridge. The "underneaths" of bridges is usually where the poor and marginalized gather to find a home but real estate in this city is so unobtainable that even the underneaths of bridges are worth a chandelier. I can't afford the house I live in, except that I bought it for an inflated price a decade ago that seems like a bargain today. I'm not sure that I could even afford to live under a bridge in this city when I'm forced to sell the house I live in.

 This sign is iconic.

That kid.

No comments: