Sunday, April 24, 2016

Spotmatic camera


There's a magic to film. I got my Spotmatics repaired and have been shooting film lately. And will take more. I have a Leica film rangefinder, the Spotmatic is better.

I'm ordering a developing tank that will handle 120 film. I have one that takes 35mm film. C-41 chemical process too. Maybe a better negative scanner.

My digital camera gets quirkier and quirkier every day. The auto-focus is acting up now. The rear control wheel has been acting up for a year. It might be cheaper to invest in film considering a replacement digital body is more than I want to spend these days. And Nikon hasn't made a digital body I think is any better than the one I have. It's hard to invest in something you don't really like.

Maybe my Nikon F100 will come back out into regular rotation. Maybe I'll just keep shooting the Pentax Spotmatics. I'm alright with either. Or both.

No comments: