Sunday, November 16, 2008

Ideas about green and landscapes




I am first and foremost not a landscape photographer and it's something I rarely try. And a dark and misty day is probably the worst day to attempt something that at the best of times I am dismissive of. Trees. Big whup. A babbling brook. So what. But it should be said that taking pictures, err, photographs of landscapes is no easy task. These are proof. You can haul a bag full of exotic lenses out into the bush on your back and Photoshop the greens to boggle the mind because the photos rarely do them justice and in the end still get moderately reasonable photographs but certainly nothing mind boggling. So why post them? Well, probably to keep myself honest. I'll attempt this sort of thing again probably sooner than I care to admit. There has to be merit in understanding the subject matter and capturing it effectively, it can only make one a better photographer.

1 comment:

manfred mann said...

These landscape pics are some of your best photos. Do some more